Our Daughter From China

This Blog shares our journey to bring home our daughter from China. It tells something of her story and of our story with her.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Leaving Wednesday Morning!



In my family, if there was ever any tremendous thing that was accomplished we would say let's go for Peking Duck. In my family, the Jacobs family, I never could find out what would merit such an auspicious occassion (usually it was a hot fudge sundae or bannanna split with an excellent report card). Perhaps now is the auspicious time to try the world famous authentic Beijing Roast Duck. Note the yellow duckling in the yellow and white hat. This (above) is the best restraunt in Beijing for the authentic wood oven crispy roast duck. It is on our itinerary for our initial time in Beijing. No doubt the duck is perfect with just a little meat, crispy skin, plum sauce and silvers of scallions. Can you tell I cannot wait! Even if I am zombie I am going to try to get myself and my hubby to this event after a Rickshaw tour to the old neighborhood and followed by a Chinese arcobatics shows...will be duck.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Andrea Nielsen said…

    Hello...just wanted to say congratulations on your beautiful daughter! I too have a daughter at the Fuling SWI that is waiting! I also have a blog
    (ourchinatreasure.blogspot.com ) You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you make your way to China and to bringing your family together.
    Andrea Nielsen
    Future mom to Fu Bao Yun (Lillie)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home